Space Makers Agency
Between November 2009 and October 2010, the Space Makers team transformed twenty empty shops at Brixton Village indoor market into a rolling festival of pop-ups, events and new local businesses.
- An influx of newcomers, attracted by a initiative spearheaded by urban visionaries, Space Makers Agency, has transformed the market's fortunes. Compared with what it looked like until fairly recently, all I can say is: wow.
'Brixton Village: A remarkable place' - Metro, 5 July 2011
- 'How Brixton's arcade got a new lease of life' - Evening Standard, 12 August 2010
- 'A fresh face in South London' - New York Times, 8 August 2010
- Brixton Village is sprouting. The once derelict and dodgy end of Brixton is wriggling out of its caterpillar state... and the effect is extraordinary.
'Brixton Village' - Time Out, 1 May 2010
- It's a very special atmosphere, wandering amidst the lanes of the market which are bursting with energy, atmosphere and a true sense of community.
'Creating a New Community in Brixton, South London' - Treehugger, 15 February 2010
- It's the largest example yet of a growing national trend.
'Art's great squatting revolution' - The Times, 16 January 2010