Newspapers, magazines & blogs
Most of the articles in this section relate to a particular project, so I've grouped them accordingly.
The pieces on this page are a good place to start, since they draw out the connections between the different projects.
- Who is Dougald Hine? He's a writer, former BBC journalist and one-time busker. He's wild-haired, bearded and wiry. And he's passionate about changing things for the better.
'Do it with Dougald', The Good Times, 16 January 2012 - an interview about the connections and motivations behind the different projects in which I've been involved.
- 'Beyond the parameters of the game - a conversation with Dougald Hine', Jeppe Graugaard, 18 November 2011 - ranging across my current thinking about how we make sense of our lives in a time of global disruption.
- 'What's to be seen from the top of the Dark Mountain?', Umelec Vol 15, July 2011 - an interview I did in Prague in August 2010, talking about the writers and ideas that influenced Dark Mountain.
- 'Dougald Hine: London's Multitasking Creative Thinkers', 2010LAB, 10 June 2011 - "I start organisations as a way to avoid finishing books."
- 'Collapsonomics and the Dougald Hine Effect', PlanetShifter Magazine, January 2011 - talking about Dark Mountain, escaping our apocalyptic cultural heritage, and being a northerner.
- DJ Alchemi, November 2010 - talking with David Jennings and others about resilience and scaling down in the face of economic decline.
- DJ Alchemi, October 2010 - talking to David Jennings about Illich, Web 2.0 and scarcity vs abundance.
- One a day, October 2010 - how I accidentally became an internet entrepreneur.
- Amelia's Magazine, July 2010 - reflections on UNCIVILISATION 2010, the first Dark Mountain festival.